Tips for Removing Limescale from Pumps & Water Handling Equipment
Those living in hard water areas are familiar with limescale and all the unpleasant effects it can have on a water delivery system’s pipes and fixtures. The good news is that whilst limescale build-up is troublesome, it can be treated rather easily and safely using Triple7 Eco-Scale.
Triple7 Eco-Scale is a non-toxic, biodegradable, and low-corrosion limescale and calcium remover. Treating limescale deposits with Triple7 Eco-Scale ensures the well-being of your workers and the environment, as well as the integrity of your equipment.
Step by Step Guide
Whilst Triple7 Eco-Scale has a low-corrosion, non-toxic formula, in rare cases, it can cause mild irritation with prolonged contact with the product. Gloves and protective glasses are recommended.
For dismantled pumps and parts:
- Place in container and cover with 50:50 Triple7 Eco-Scale and water.
- Monitor pH level and add more Triple7 Eco-Scale if pH rises above 2.5. If pH has risen too high, discard solution and recommence cleaning process.
- Water rinse and re-assemble.
For installed pumps in systems:
- Fill the pump system with sufficient Triple7 Eco-Scale solution (between 10% and 50% dilution.
- Run the pump.
- Check for overheating and that pH level is maintained below 2.5.
- As the pH level rises, add more product. Change liquid occasionally if needed.