Powerful & Versatile
Triple7 Eco-Scale will not harm equipment and gives longer life cycle maintenance and consequent cost advantages. Applications include;
- heat exchangers, boilers and condensers
- pipes and valves
- wet scrubbers
- engine cooling systems
- bilges and bilge pumps
- marine pumps
- marine surfaces
Triple7 Eco-Scale’s high performance formulation effectively and easily removes limescale, rust, barnacles and crustacea without damaging sensitive marine equipment.
Unlike harsh caustic cleaners, Triple7 Eco-Scale is free of salts, metasilicates and strong acids; it produces a powerful cleaning action without damaging hard surfaces, seals rubbers, equipment and pipework systems.
Clean Equipment while in Operation
Due to its low corrosion, worksafe formula and low flammability, Triple7 Eco-Scale can often be used to remove calcium and limescale from equipment without dismantling. This enables safe, simple limescale removal in complicated marine situations where equipment dissassembly is not practical. This also saves on shut-down time, loss of production and labour costs.
Triple7 Eco-Scale has been successfully used to flush heat exchangers and sewer systems onboard marine equipment without removing the exchanger or failed pipework from the circulation system. This saves high removal and reinstallation costs and time whilst allowing faster turn-around, along with a high standard of cleaning.
Enhances System Performance
Triple7 Eco-Scale returns equipment to optimum performance with less maintenance and longer equipment life. For critical marine applications Triple7 Eco-Scale also helps prevent serious and dangerous equipment failures.
A continual maintenance program will prevent future limescale build-up and equipment down time.
Triple7 Eco-Scale is available in the following sizes:
For general cleaning applications 1 litre of Triple7 Eco-Scale makes up to 5 litres of ready to use product.
Buying products in a concentrate form saves on storage space and transport costs, as well as lowering fuel emissions related to transportation.
Save on Storage
Triple7 Eco-Scale has no Hazchem rating so it needs no special storage areas, lowering the cost of transport, handling and storage – unlike many other limescale removers.
Save on Disposal
This product is environmentally friendly and readily biodegradable. It can be flushed with water into waste water systems – reducing costly disposal and trade waste costs.
Save on Labour
Triple7 Eco-Scale has been proven to complete the job in less time with less personnel. Because Triple7 Eco-Scale is a safe, non-toxic and non-hazardous product, workers do not require PPE.
No heating costs
The product can be used to effectively remove limescale at room temperature, which eliminates heating costs.
Triple7 Eco-Scale is a worksafe, organic, plant based limescale cleaner, which is free from strong, corrosive acids and toxic ingredients.
No harsh acids
Unlike most standard limescale removers, Triple7 Eco-Scale does not contain harsh substances such as hydrochloric acid or sulphamic acid making it particularly well suited to complex marine industry tasks. These strong chemicals can cause serious injury to the people working with or handling the product, such as chemical burns, skin and eye irritations, breathing difficulties and permanent loss of sight.
No known or suspected carcinogens
Triple7 Eco-Scale does not contain chemicals that are determined by the EPA or other regulatory authorities to be carcinogenic or suspected carcinogens: and is free of petroleum products, terpenes, glycol ethers and oxalic acid. This protects workers from the immediate and long term health risks associated with exposure to harmful chemicals and frees employers from WHS compliance and litigation concerns.
No toxic odours
Triple7 Eco-Scale limescale remover contains no offensive odours and is free of hazardous air pollutants and toxic chemicals which makes it safe to use in closed environments and confined areas.
Eco-friendly & Sustainable
Triple7 Eco-Scale is 100% bio-based and derived from readily renewable resources. The product contains no toxic or hazardous ingredients and will not harm water, soil or air environments.
Triple7 Eco-Scale contains no ozone depleting chemicals or hazardous air pollutants and the product is readily biodegradable.
Because Triple7 Eco-Scale does not contain harsh chemicals, such as hydrochloric acid, the product can be safely disposed off down sewers, with no ill effects to the environment.
Easy to Use
Standard Dilution Rates
- For typical applications dilute 1:5
- Allow to stand or circulate for 2 to 10 hours, depending on degree of limescale removal required.
- Rinse with fresh water or salt water depending on situation
Marine Heat Exchangers, Condensers and Chillers
- Apply a minimum 10% solution of Triple7 Eco-Scale and allow to circulate for 8 – 16 hours.
- Maintain a pH of less than 3.0 (ideally overnight).
- Follow with a thorough water rinse.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Empty bilge, ensuring that correct safety practices are in place to deal with any toxic fumes present.
- Clean with Triple7 Heavy Duty at 10% to remove organic or petroleum deposits if necessary,
- Rinse with water.
- Follow with Triple7 Eco-Scale maintained at a pH less than 3.0.
- Bildges may be descaled using either fresh or salt water
- Soak in a hot solution of 10% Triple7 Heavy Duty overnight to remove organics if necessary.
- Rinse with water.
- Flush with a 10% solution of Triple7 Eco-Scale maintained at a pH less than 3.0 to remove scale.
PUMPS & WATER HANDLING EQUIPMENT
For dismantled pumps and parts:
- Place in container and cover with 50:50 Triple7 Eco-Scale and water.
- Monitor pH level and add more Triple7 Eco-Scale if pH rises above 2.5. If pH has risen too high, discard solution and recommence cleaning process.
- Water rinse and re-assemble.
For installed pumps in systems:
- Fill the pump system with sufficient Triple7 Eco-Scale solution (between 10% and 50% dilution).
- Run the pump.
- Check for over-heating and that pH level is maintained below 2.5. As the pH level rises, add more product. Change liquid occasionally if needed.
- Continue pumping until limescale is removed.
- Rinse out, or pump through with water.